Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope you feel lots of love today and everyday! I can't wait to spend the evening with my Valentine! He's making me dinner :) I'm so excited!

This time of year always makes me a little sad because I remember my Great Grandma, Edna Hartman. She always made us Valentine cookies that were so yummy! She would give us a large, medium and small, heart-shaped cookie with pink icing. I absolutely loved this tradition and it's something that I think about every Valentine's Day. It also happened that her funeral was on Valentine's Day, 3 years ago. I thought it was fitting because her famous Valentine cookies were one of my favorite traditions she started :) I miss her everyday, especially when I'm cooking or baking things because she was such a great cook (I even have her hand-mixer!)

This is Grandma Hartman :) I have so many fond memories of her and everything she did for us! I love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment